Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Liberty Falls

Liberty Falls - Alaska - 14x18 - Acrylic on Canvas - This painting is available for sale just contact me jacobsonart@gci.net. We are now in full swing with the election season, oh the joy of all the phone calls from the Pollsters, Campaigns seeking your support and your donations. We had 14 calls in the last 2 days. If they put that much effort into solving some of our countries problems I think they would be much more rewarded. Enough of this, onto more interesting topics.

This painting comes from stumbling across a old photograph (yes the old glossy paper thing) that I took in 1992, when my kids and I took a trip from Anchorage to Chitna Alaska. What really struck me was the dramatic lighting. It was a bright day, light could be seen up behind the falls and in the forground. But back in the heart of the falls was all dark, the waters power came surging forward and around the main rock which is right in the center of the torrent. A single small tree somehow has found a way to grow and survive with little or no soil on the rock. I never anticipated that this would become a painting, the picture was to be a reminder of our trip. But looking at the photo after so many years with a fresh set of eyes, it struck me again, all over with it beauty and power. Sooo.... now it is my latest painting, this is painted with the New Golden "Open" Acrylics. They live up to their billing and really work like oils, very impressed.

3 comments:

michelle said...

I stopped in while surfing and was pleased to see lovely images of Alaska. My husband grew up in Anchorage and I spent four years there. I look forward to checking in on your site!

Kurt said...

Michelle, what years were you here in Anchorage?

Sylvia Jenstad said...

beautiful... just beautiful... I also love 'Nature's Cycle'... really cool