Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Colors of Summer Are Fading


Thunderbird Falls - 19x29 - This painting is Acrylic on Hardboard, available at Stephan Fine Art Gallery

We are going out Plein Air Painting this morning, and here in Alaska, the colors are changing, fall is starting to make its presence known. We did not have one of our better summers weather wise. But anytime we can get out, it is a great day, there is always a painting waiting to be painted out there, you have to just look for it. Usually on a overcast day, I do not look for the "Grand Vista" paintings, no shadows to work with. So I will narrow my focus and look for the smaller hidden pictures that nature has waiting for me to paint. I will post my results this coming week. Everyone have a great weekend, keep your brushes clean.
www.snowboundartstudios.com

2 comments:

hawkins travel / painting blog said...

beautiful falls...wish i was there!
I haven't tried to paint stuff like this too many times...pretty challenging. This turned out real nice.
Bill H.

Kurt said...

Thanks Bill, it was a challenge, I did it in 4 days, I had a deadline for a art competition: Art For Alaska State Parks competition.