Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Sleeping Lady

Sleeping Lady - Mt Susitna - What a wonderful morning this was to paint. The view of Mt Susitna (The Sleeping Lady) is from Westend of Anchorage at Point Worzonoff. The legend of the Sleeping Lady says a Indian Maiden laid down to wait for her Warrior Husband to come back from a war, and waits for him to this day.

One of my favorite things to do is to Plein Air paint with the Alaska Plein Air painters every Friday morning. We all meet and paint together, weather permitting. In the winter months we meet indoor and paint from projected slides. It is a great group of friends and artists. We all really enjoy one another. Couldn't ask for a better group to associate with.

2 comments:

René PleinAir said...

That's a huge spot to paint!!

Kurt said...

I never tire of painting Mt Susitna, in the winter, summer and fall it always looks different. Snow topped or covered. When the sun sets behind it in the summer it is breathtaking.