Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Moment In Time


Mushrooms - 6"x8" Acrylic on Hardboard
All paintings are essentially a frozen moment in time. The artist attempts to capture in paint the color, emotion invoked or what ever has struck the artist's muse.
Life it self has many of the "Moments In Time" where we have a startling insight in ourselves and our lives.
Today I got back to my real job (the one that pays the bills) in the medical profession. A patient I have known for a long time came in and I was struck by the change I saw in the patient. Again I realize just how lucky we are to have our health, and that time can change that at any moment.
So again I am realizing that it isn't getting a painting done that is important, it is the process of painting I enjoy, and that I love the process of creating something that flows from my inner being onto the canvas without conscious thought. So every time I am able to go to the studio and paint, I am so lucky and blessed to be healthy and I will paint as long as I am able, and never stop enjoying life I have chosen.

No comments: