Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Emotional Ups & Downs

Wow what a Roller Coaster week- We had the Plein Air Art Show all last weekend, despite the weather we had a good turn out and raised a higher amount of money for the Clare House then the last 3 years. 
  My Mom and Dad ( 85 & 90 ) came.   

Then on Monday afternoon Dad called me at work, Mom had fallen and broke her hip.  Tuesday she had hip surgery and is in the hospital now.   
Friday I took some paintings down to  Stephan Fine Art Gallery in the Capt Cook Hotel in Anchorage Alaska.   Found out I had recently sold some more paintings.  Always a good thing.

Yesterday Donna and I went and visited Mom in the Hospital.  Found out she had tried to stand up on her own with out calling for help and of course fell again.  This going to be a rough ordeal for Mom and Dad.  Chris my brother and I are trying to help as much as possible.   But there is only so much we can do.  Painting has been put on hold for a while until there is a little more time.

Glad Mom made it to our show though that will be a special memory for me.

2 comments:

AK said...

Kurt your work is brilliant.

Kurt said...

Thank you for the kind words.