Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Appreciation For Artists Who Are Willing to Judge Competitions

Art For Alaska Parks Top 30 Judging. Last night our two judges did a very appreciative and difficult job of selecting the 30 entries that will be displayed in the Art Show for the month of September at LaRoma Bakery on 99th Ave/Old Seward Highway in Anchorage Alaska.   We had a really good selection of entries from all over the Northwest this year.  I am so glad I was part of the committee running the show for the Alaska Artists Guild and not a judge.   I have come over the last two years  to really appreciate those artists that are willing to take the time and effort involved in selecting their choices.  I have seen the Judges truly agonize over some selections that did not make the top 30 that will be in the show.  The judges really do make a effort to pick the best based on Composition, Color and representation of the Parks the artist choose to paint. 

No comments: