Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Painting Adventures In The Rain






20 Mile River Adventure -  On Saturday Scott Thompson, Karen Mattson and I went up 20 Mile River in Scott's boat.  Despite the constant rain we figured we would take our chances and see the country and hope for a break in the rain.  After we got the boat launched and packed, I was about half soaked but a cup of hot coffee and a donut and away we go.


We worked our way up the river and took pictures through the rain.  We went up one last tributary to take pictures.  As we stopped on a sandbar, the rain let up and stopped.  So we quickly set up our gear.  As you will notice we were all "packing", bear country!   Once we started to paint the rain said "Suckers" and the real downpour started.   We gave it a valiant try but alas had to call "Uncle" and pack it up.  Karen was painting watercolors, Scott was painting in Acrylics so you can imagine how well that went.  I was using oils but had a senior moment and did not think to bring a oil primed canvas panel, instead the acrylic panel soaked up the water and the oil paint ran off just like a watercolor on wet paper.   After all these years you would think I would know better.  We had a great time, despite the lack of painting.  Great photos for future work to come.  But we promised ourselves when the weather is sunny next summer we will head up river once again.

No comments: