Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

3 Week Drought is over....ahh thats so much better


Been 3 weeks since I have been able to spend sometime in the studio and get to work on this piece again. 
Got up early and went out to the studio, started to work the water in the green pond up.  Added the darks to the water and worked in the weeds and reflections in the water, wanted the bright color in the reflection but wanted it subdued, so it would not take attention away from the main interest the trees in the middle ground.   Worked the green Alder trees in the right area.   Will let it tack up over night and then bring in the foreground trees and bushes.  Keeping in mind not to take away from the main area of interest.  I am getting real excited to see this painting finished it has come together really well - so far.  

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Ugh what was I thinking, the pond is way to Neon Green,will have to dull it down. Was having to much fun blending the colors and that I did not realize how "In Your Face" the green was.

Chris_tina said...

Looks amazing Dad! I love it love it. One of my new favorits <3