Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Vermeer's Muse

Girl With The Pearl Earring - Scarlet Johannsen 16 x 20 Oil on Canvas
I decided to take a Portrait Painting Class at the Anchorage Museum to learn skin tones: colors, values and figure painting techniques.  We have a gifted teacher, Linda Infante Lyons.   This is my first portrait from the class so far.  It is a portrait of actress Scarlet Johanssen from the movie Girl With The Pearl Earring.   
I hope to attempt a full figure painting in the future, and am hoping this will be the stepping stone to that goal.

No comments: