Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Energized and Excited

Golden Crown - Oil 8x10 on Canvas Panel - Available for Sale -  For the last 2 days I attended the Alaska Arts & Cultural Conference in Anchorage Alaska.   I can sum it up in one word "Awesome".   I do not know the attendance figures, but I do know it was standing room only.  The energy level was incredibly high, everyone was excited and thrilled to be there, speakers and attendee's were feeding off each others emotions and energy.   The conference covered information for Artists, Educators in Art and Art Organizations.   The conference sessions were very well thought out, there was information for all the different groups.   The willingness of the speakers to share their knowledge with us was incredible.   One aspect of the conference that I was thrilled to see, was that we had attendees from all over the State of Alaska, from the major cities to the smaller rural areas.   No one left early at the end of the conference, we all did not want it to end, but as all good things do it must.   The rally cry at the end was "Lets not wait another 10 years for another conference."   I came home energized, excited and thrilled to be apart of the art world in Alaska, what a great group. 

When I got home I wanted to jump in the studio and paint, but realities of life, I had to snowplow away the 18" of snow we had the day before out of the driveway and off the roof of the house.   But today even though the Super Bowl is on, I hear the Studio whispering in my ear, so..............................

No comments: