Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend of Painting




Weekend Of Painting

Friday I painted with our Plein Air group at Campbell Creek in Anchorage, had a great time.  Then out to lunch with them, good food, great friends.  Went home picked up my wife and we drove out to Palmer Alaska to pick up 3 paintings I had in a show out there.  Also stopped and saw "The Painted Ladies" paint out set up at the Palmer Museum.  They had a large tent selling their artwork and were painting outside also.   Again a wonderful group of artists and friends.

Donna and I went out to dinner on the way home.  All around a wonderful day.

Yesterday I spent the whole day in the studio painting away.  Finished off the painting of one of our cats Maple looking out the window.  Titled: WAITING FOR SPRING.  Sometimes we forget that it is not just us humans that look forward to the snow leaving and spring coming, leaves on the trees etc., but out pets also wait with anticipation.

I also pulled out the 20x30 painting of Lower Summit Lake I had started before all our guests arrived earlier this month and got back to painting on it.  Reworked the sky and then put in the distant mountains, then had fun smearing paint and just laying in some block underpainting colors of the midground area.  Will head out to the studio today again and work on the midground more today.

1 comment:

Donna Jacobson said...

That's exactly what Maple does. Such a beautiful painting and I know where it's going to hang in our home! I'm keeping this one!