Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spring Has Sprung



SPRING HAS SPRUNG IN ALASKA

In the first week of May there were a few big events for our family.  In the last week of April Justin and Felicia flew up from Washington, Shaunna, Matt and our Grandson Joseph flew in from Colorado.   A family reunion for us all in Anchorage Alaska.  The weather was sunny and warm for this time of the year.  Still in the “brown” stage then, no leaves or grass yet.   Now 2 weeks later everything is popping out green now, and all the snow is gone.   We even had a Black Bear come up on our porch 2 nights ago and look in our door window.  Had to shoo him away, he was looking for food.  This is a yearly problem we have with living on the hillside in Anchorage, is bears and moose in our property.

Also on the May 1st Ryan our youngest son graduated from UAA with a degree in Computer Science.  So we all went to his Graduation and had a party at Gallos Mexican Restaurant afterwards, family and friends.  Was a great time and the weather was sunny.

The next day was our Grandson’s First Birthday!  Joseph turned 1, how cool we got to have him here in Alaska for his Birthday.   We all went out to the Zoo in the morning then met at our house for a Birthday Party!   Joseph loved his Birthday Cake, once he found out the frosting tasted good, he dug in.  Was a blast.  Lots of pictures and presents.

The day after Joseph’s Birthday was my Mom ( Ruth Jacobson ) 86th Birthday.   The whole family met at my folks place and went to the dining room for a Lunch to celebrate.

Then came Mother’s Day, a brunch at the folks again, Justin and Felicia were here still, my brother came, and Ryan also, so all the family was there to celebrate Mothers Day with Mom.

Now the family has all left and Donna and I are adjusting our life to back to our normal schedule.  We loved having everyone visit and miss them all very much.  At the same time we are so proud of how they all have created their own lives and careers and now have their own families.  They all more importantly are “Good People” can’t express how happy I am for that.  Now that they are home, Donna and I are back to our passions, Painting for me, Crafts for her.   Sure missed painting while family was in town, but it was worth it to have them all visit.

Next reunion will be in August for our daughter Christina’s wedding in Washington.  A busy family summer this year for us.

This weekend my brother Chris and I will go to the Kenai River and open up Dad’s Cabin for him.  The Salmon are starting their yearly runs, and we will be fishing soon.

1 comment:

Chris_tina said...

Looking forward to seeing everyone in August. Dont wait too long to buy your tickets otherwise they will be super pricey! I think the plan was to get here wed evening Aug 3rd. If you want to come earlier I'm totally ok with that!
Love ya