Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sherritt Fine arts Gallery - Hope Alaska











SHERRIT FINE ARTS GALLERY & GIFTS
Saturday Donna and I drove to Hope Alaska, a charming little community hidden away on the south side of Turnigan Arm.  A historical site in Alaska you need to visit and see.  I took some paintings to Scott Sherritt's Gallery.  A wonderful little gallery with some incredible artwork from well known artists.  Going to Hope you need to stop in and visit his gallery, definately worth taking time to see.  Scott and Fayrene are wonderful folks who will make you right at home.   Have Halibut and Chips at the Seaview Cafe, a charming old Alaskan Cafe with YUMMY food.

This summer Hope is hosting FIRST SATURDAY SUMMER FUN IN HOPE.  June 4th, July 2nd and August 6th.  I am planning on being there for June and July and painting and enjoying the fun. It's a gathering of Alaskan Artists, artwork on location, and authors who will autograph their book for you.  Discover one-of -a-kind arts and crafts on the lawn at the library.  Visit Hope's charming historic district.  Hosted by the Hope community Library & Scott Sherritt Fine Arts Gallery.

2 comments:

Art by Patricia Gillin said...

Great going Jake! Google Reader had a link to this article.

Kurt said...

Thanks Pat,hope you will be able to join the fun.