Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oil Painters Are Interesting People


Most of my Artist Friends are very interesting people. Most know how to enjoy life, look for the beauty in life.   As we paint we know the light changes and every thing will look different in 2 hours.  This helps you see the world as a constantly changing and amazing thing.  One of the most pleasurable things is I look and think how that looks now, and what might it look like when the light changes how will the shadows change what will the composition appear like.  In other words sometimes we see the world through a child's eyes, everything is new and exciting.  Or maybe it's just the fumes from the paint thinner?
Below is a painting I have on the easel, It is about half way finished.  No detail work is done yet.  I have the lower half to work up and add more stuff to.  I am thinking about possibly cutting the top quarter of the painting off totally.  What do you think?   Give me your thoughts please.
 

1 comment:

Chris_tina said...

Oh thank you so much for sharing with a few more people that ugly picture of me :P lol