Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

AFAP Award Ceremony

AFAP AWARD CEREMONY 2010 - Last night was the Award Ceremony and First Friday show of the Top 30 entries in the Art For Alaska Parks competition.  A wonderful turn out.  Grand prize went to Robert Clayton for his painting Winters Blanket.   Best Landscape went to David Rosenthal for his painting Stranded Berg.   Best People in the Park went to Robert Clayton for his painting Clamming on Cook Inlet.   Best Wildlife/Bird went to Suzie Althens for her painting Tides That Bind.   People's Choice went to Robert Clayton for his Clamming On Cook Inlet.   Peer's Choice went to Karen Crandell for he painting Portage Glacier.  Honorable Mention went to Mark McDermott for his painting Eagle River.  I personally want to thank all the artists who sent submissions in, they were the best we have had.  I also want to thank our Judges John Van Zyle and Linda Infante Lyons, yu both did a great job and I know how difficult that was.

No comments: