Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Raven Called My Name

THE RAVEN CALLED MY NAME - 9"x6" OIL ON RICHESON PANEL

This little painting came into being last Friday.  In our Friday morning painting group the group decided to paint Ravens.  Ravens are very abundant here in Alaska, and there are some amazing Raven Legends in the Native Cultures.  Ravens are incrediably smart and great survivers.  I have a high respect for them.  This painting more or less painted itself, one of those that just seemed to come alive on it's own.  I am pleased how this one turned out.  Nancy Brandt-Ericson gave it the perfect title.

This painting will be available for sale at Stephan Fine Art Gallery in the Captain Cook Hotel in Anchorage Alaska.

No comments: