Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

2 Small Paintings - using the same pallet of colors



Using the same Pallet of Colors from One painting to the Other

I started with the lower painting  6x8 Oil "Homage to the Sunset" first.  This painting is actually a reworking of a painting I did at a plein air outing I did with the Alaska Plein Air Painters last summer.  That painting was a very loose exploration into a tonalist style.  I liked what I had, but knew it needed refining,  So on a whim I decided the other day to redo it and make the refining it needed.  Also decided to add the 2 Swans.  I am very pleased how this turned out.

The upper painting came from a pencil sketch I had done a number of years ago.  I had a lot of paint still on my pallet left over from the other painting, so using the same paints I created this piece a 6x9 oil "One Last Cast".  A note of interest is that originally the pencil sketch was the mirror image of the painting, thought it would read better to the eye going left to right, so with my photo editing software I scanned my sketch and created a mirror image to work off of.  Both painting will be on my website for purchase next week.



No comments: