Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Bike Path At Pt. Worznoff

Epxanded a Plein Air Color Study
BIKE PATH AT POINT WORZNOFF - 8" X 16" Oil on RayMar Panel

Earlier this summer I painted with the Alaska Plein Air Painters on a Friday morning at Point Worznoff Park.  It is situated at the end of one Anchorage International Airports Runways, looking out over Cook Inlet.  In the past I have painted Mt Susitna from the park the view is breathtaking.  On this day though the shadows and dappled light coming through the trees and brush caught my eye.  I love the different patterns created.  The focal point is the Lighted area around the sign in the distance.  The foreground is subdued and works as a good counter point to the highlighted area.  My Plein Air color sketch was very rough, but captured the essence of the scene.  I new that I would eventually expand on the piece and create a more complete painting.  Keeping the foreground edges soft and counter point it with hard edges in the distance pulls the eye to the focal point.  Lots of fun painting the different sections of this painting.

No comments: