Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Seward Park Stage 1 & 2



Seward Alaska - 11 X 14 Oil on RayMar Canvas - Last Summer Donna, Oreo (dog) and I took a trip to Seward, it was a incredible sunny day. We went to the beach park and I did a small 6x8 plein air painting of this rock sticking up out of the water. Going back through my studies, I decided to do a major painting of this one. Sketched it onto the canvas board. Layed in the base colors.

After 2 weeks I finally got back to this painting yesterday, reworked the sky and water, blocked in the close shoreline and defined and detailed the rocks. I made the decision early on to play with the colors and make this a colorful painting.

No comments: