Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

FLATTOP MOUNTAIN PROGRESS



Flat Top Mountain Progress - These are actually in reverse order, the one on the bottom is the first one. As you can see from the last post I blocked in the base colors of blue and yellow. On the image on the top I have started to add the detail. I work top to bottom. The trees and snow work will be coming next after I finish the mountains. Taking a 6 x 9 and blowing it up to a 20 x 30 has presented some challanges. ie: the center of interest will need to be more apparent. In the smaller painting it was not as necessary to have a focal point. This painting will demand a focal point and I am processing that in my mind right now.
The other consideration I am pondering is whether to add people out enjoying a sunny winter day in Chugach State Park. I could put x-country skiers out, or maybe some wildlife. Any ideas you may have feel free to suggest. This is the early stages of the painting, so I can play and make changes freely still.

No comments: