Welcome

I want to welcome you to my blog. I will share my art, creative process and a little of myself with you. My life as a Artist has been interesting and full of adventures. Come along with me as we explore the world and how the artist sees it.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Special Moment


Flat Top - 6" x 9" - Acrylic on Panel
This small painting I painted last Saturday, Flat Top Mountain is a popular hiking destination, summer and winter in the Chugach State Park. Just above Anchorage in the Mountains surrounding us. Yes it really is Flat on top of the mountain.
I was watching Football on Sunday when I saw a commercial advertisement from one of our local Art Galleries, "Come meet the artist: Robert Bateman". I couldn't believe it, he was in town. I am a huge Bateman fan. His wildlife artwork is the work of a true Master. So I called my painting buddy Don, and we made plans to go to the one day show on Monday. Monday night I took one of my Bateman Fine Art Desktop Books and off we went. Both Don and I were so excited to get the chance to meet him in person, would be like meeting a Rock Star for aspiring rock muscians. When we got to the gallery it was packed as can be expected, and boy were they moving the artwork. Glad to see that in this economy. Don and I waited patiently in line for our turn. As we stood in line, I watched Mr. Bateman take the time to talk to each person in line and make the effort to find something out about each person he was meeting. I was very impressed, he did not rush anyone. When my turn finally came, I introduced myself, he asked me if I was a artist also, how he figured that out I don't know, he asked what medium, and if I was a wildlife artist also. I told him I worked in Acrylics and Oils; and did Wildlife and Landscape paintings. He wrote a very kind dedication in my book and we shook hands firmly. Both Don and I were charged up afterwards, instead of going home and driving our wives crazy with "We met Robert Bateman!" over and over we decided to go out and get a Hamburger for dinner. I have been on cloud nine for the last two days. Never ever thought I would get to meet one of my idols, a true living legend. He was kind and gracious. A very Special Moment in my life.

No comments: